Babe in Toyland
Attention! Some changes have been made to our program. Please carefully read all of the instructions below!
Babe in Toyland is a program offered through Babe of Wabash County, Wabash Christian Church, and The Access Youth Center and is a service for families in Wabash County who have children (0-18 years old) who will not receive Christmas presents from the parent or person whom they live with on Christmas morning. This service is for the households where the children reside.
* Parents and legal guardians qualify for assistance—no income restrictions.
* Limit one registration per household.
* No pre-registration is required, but completing this form helps us know how many toys to have for the event. Parents who have not completed this form online will be asked to fill it out at the door on the event days.
* Pre-registering does not allow you to skip ahead in line on the event days. The event is first come, first serve, whether you are registered or not.
* All families wishing to get gifts must sign a release form during check-in. All families must check-in whether they have registered or not.
* A complimentary breakfast/lunch will be at Wabash Christian Church (110 West Hill Street, across from Babe of Wabash County.)
* Parents and legal guardians will shop in our Christmas store at Babe of Wabash County. The items in the Christmas Store are new and free and intended to be given as Christmas presents for children between the ages of 0-18.
* No cash is needed. A point system is used to shop for the items. The system will be explained at the time of service.
* Adults only. Children are not allowed to come to the store in the hopes of keeping their presents a surprise.
* Only one or two adults per household are welcome to shop due to space.
* Families will be given a number at the Wabash Christian Church to know what order they can go shopping. A volunteer will let you know when your number has been called and it is time to shop. So be sure to check in at the Wabash Christian Church when you arrive.
IMPORTANT!!! For 2023, Babe in Toyland will ONLY serve residents in Wabash County. Those interested in receiving toys must bring residency proof before being served. Families must bring either a state-issued ID or two pieces of legal mail that confirm residency. Examples include utility bills, credit card statements, lease agreements, mortgage statements, report cards from a local school with your address, or any legal document.
If you live outside of Wabash County and need Christmas assistance, contact Toys for Tots at email@example.com for details about your local distribution site.
Dates for the 2023 Babe in Toyland distribution:
December 19, 2023, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
December 20, 2023, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Babe of Wabash County
88 West Hill St
Wabash, IN 46992
If you want to donate to Babe in Toyland, toys can be dropped off at The Access Youth Center, Wabash Christian Church, The Access, and Babe of Wabash County. Be sure to indicate that the toys you donate are for Babe in Toyland. See hours of operation for each business. Financial donations can be mailed to Babe of Wabash County, and a tax receipt will be given.
Thank you for your support!